Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jacksonville Downtown Art Walk

Last night was another fabulous art walk in Downtown Jacksonville. The air was brisk, but the streets were bustling with people. I really noticed a larger college crowd than usual. Florida State College was showing at the Old Library and since MOCA has partnered with UNF ..... more college students were vested in the evening. I may be imagining it, but it seemed there were more music venues than usual....I stumbled on one I had not been to in a gallery at The Landing. We can always count on good music outside of Chew and a great art exhibit at Hemming Plaza Jewelry. This month Gordon Megisson was showing and his work at Hemming Plaza Jewelry and it will continue to be exhibited through the month, so you still have a chance to see it. The next art walk will be the first Wed. in April. The weather should be gorgeous by that time so mark your calendars now! I hope to see you there. Look for me. I never miss!!!!

No comments: